Leinan sat off the swift early pace of favored Mechaya before launching a smart rally for jockey Luis Contreras to take the $155,236 Glorious Song Stakes Nov. 11 at Woodbine.
Gainesway Farm has purchased a significant interest in the sire Hat Trick from Walmac Farm and Hat Trick's partners.
Twice the Appeal, disqualified in his prior start, made the most of a second chance when he collared Astrology near mid-stretch en route to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $800,000 Sunland Derby (gr. III) in New Mexico.
Successful Appeal, who is represented by nine stakes winners this year, will stand the 2010 season for $17,500 at John T.L. Jones III's Walmac Farm near Lexington.
Prominent stallion Miswaki died Dec. 17 at John T. L. Jones III and Robert Trussell's Walmac Farm near Lexington, Ky. due to the infirmities of old age.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Jockey De La Cruz Registers 1,000th Victory