Leinan sat off the swift early pace of favored Mechaya before launching a smart rally for jockey Luis Contreras to take the $155,236 Glorious Song Stakes Nov. 11 at Woodbine.
Gainesway Farm has purchased a significant interest in the sire Hat Trick from Walmac Farm and Hat Trick's partners.
Twice the Appeal, disqualified in his prior start, made the most of a second chance when he collared Astrology near mid-stretch en route to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $800,000 Sunland Derby (gr. III) in New Mexico.
Successful Appeal, who is represented by nine stakes winners this year, will stand the 2010 season for $17,500 at John T.L. Jones III's Walmac Farm near Lexington.
Prominent stallion Miswaki died Dec. 17 at John T. L. Jones III and Robert Trussell's Walmac Farm near Lexington, Ky. due to the infirmities of old age.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Thoroughbred Marketplace at Pimlico Oct. 4-5
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit
- Colorado Voters to Decide on Racino Gaming
- CDI Gets 5-Year Contract with Saratoga Casino
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales