The Lexington Foundation hosted its second annual Fall Wine Celebration Oct. 13. Held at the Red Mile's Floral Hall in Lexington, the black tie event began with cocktails and a silent auction, followed by dinner and a live auction. It raised more than $700,000 for cancer research, education, and care.
Miswaki, who has sired 96 stakes winners and is broodmare sire of 106 stakes winners, has been pensioned from stallion duty at John T.L. Jones Jr.'s Walmac International near Lexington because of his advanced age and declining fertility.
Country music superstar Toby Keith's undefeated homebred Cactus Ridge will enter stud in 2004 at John T.L. Jones' Walmac International. The son of Hennessy will stand for $6,500.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- NYRA Looking at Synthetic Track for Aqueduct
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- Danzing Candy, Trojan Nation Train in KY
- First Starters for Stay Thirsty, Shackleford
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy