The Lexington Foundation hosted its second annual Fall Wine Celebration Oct. 13. Held at the Red Mile's Floral Hall in Lexington, the black tie event began with cocktails and a silent auction, followed by dinner and a live auction. It raised more than $700,000 for cancer research, education, and care.
Miswaki, who has sired 96 stakes winners and is broodmare sire of 106 stakes winners, has been pensioned from stallion duty at John T.L. Jones Jr.'s Walmac International near Lexington because of his advanced age and declining fertility.
Country music superstar Toby Keith's undefeated homebred Cactus Ridge will enter stud in 2004 at John T.L. Jones' Walmac International. The son of Hennessy will stand for $6,500.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch