A new member of the New York State Racing and Wagering Board has been approved by the state Senate, but not without the usual dose of partisan wrangling at the state Capitol.
A long-simmering dispute between top Republicans in New York over the composition of the state racing and wagering board has been settled with the nomination by Gov. George Pataki of two new members to the racing industry's regulatory panel.
Most Popular Stories
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer
- Speaking of Which Makes Grade at Calder