A new member of the New York State Racing and Wagering Board has been approved by the state Senate, but not without the usual dose of partisan wrangling at the state Capitol.
A long-simmering dispute between top Republicans in New York over the composition of the state racing and wagering board has been settled with the nomination by Gov. George Pataki of two new members to the racing industry's regulatory panel.
Most Popular Stories
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- International Star Sweeps to LA Derby Score
- I'm a Chatterbox Notches Easy FG Oaks Victory
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Birdatthewire Tops Familiar Rivals in GP Oaks
- Dortmund Logs Final Work for SA Derby
- The Big Beast, 3YOs Prep for Wood Day Starts