A new member of the New York State Racing and Wagering Board has been approved by the state Senate, but not without the usual dose of partisan wrangling at the state Capitol.
- By Tom Precious
A long-simmering dispute between top Republicans in New York over the composition of the state racing and wagering board has been settled with the nomination by Gov. George Pataki of two new members to the racing industry's regulatory panel.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Forever Unbridled Heads Cast for Beldame
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry