A new member of the New York State Racing and Wagering Board has been approved by the state Senate, but not without the usual dose of partisan wrangling at the state Capitol.
A long-simmering dispute between top Republicans in New York over the composition of the state racing and wagering board has been settled with the nomination by Gov. George Pataki of two new members to the racing industry's regulatory panel.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile