Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear signed a bill that will allow Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund-registered horses entered for a tag in some allowance/optional claiming races to be eligible for fund purse money.
Legislation that would allow Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund money to be awarded to horses entered for a tag in some allowance/optional claiming races in the state advanced March 19.
The measure provides that horses running in allowance optional claiming races for a claim price of at least $25,000 will be eligible for money added to purses from the Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Bejarano Takes Santa Anita Jockey Title
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy