Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear signed a bill that will allow Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund-registered horses entered for a tag in some allowance/optional claiming races to be eligible for fund purse money.
Legislation that would allow Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund money to be awarded to horses entered for a tag in some allowance/optional claiming races in the state advanced March 19.
The measure provides that horses running in allowance optional claiming races for a claim price of at least $25,000 will be eligible for money added to purses from the Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Look Back: Dr. Fager Delivers on Turf in United Nations
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker