Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear signed a bill that will allow Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund-registered horses entered for a tag in some allowance/optional claiming races to be eligible for fund purse money.
Legislation that would allow Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund money to be awarded to horses entered for a tag in some allowance/optional claiming races in the state advanced March 19.
The measure provides that horses running in allowance optional claiming races for a claim price of at least $25,000 will be eligible for money added to purses from the Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Belvoir Bay Makes the Grade in Torrey Pines
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- War Front Gets 50th Black-Type Winner
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby