As the Maryland Jockey Club moves forward under new leadership, it will place an emphasis on improving the day-to-day racing product by lowering takeout to attract new bettors and improving regional cooperation.
A task force recently formed to address the struggling Maryland Thoroughbred breeding industry suggested several measures Tuesday to reverse steep declines.
The key organizations in Maryland Thoroughbred racing announced Dec. 14 they have struck a 10-year-agreement for racing at Laurel Park and Pimlico Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Competitive Field of 12 Distaffers in Frankel
- Leading Sire of 2014 - Tapit
- Can Shared Belief Be Beaten in the Malibu?
- NY to Adopt ARCI Rules on Multiple Violations
- Don't Tell Sophia Back at Oaklawn for 2015
- Handsome Mike to Stand at Pleasant Acres
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- New Purse Payout for Charles Town Classic