John Scheinman has won the 2016 Media Eclipse Award for Writing in the Feature/Commentary category for "Andrew Beyer: Rebel with a Cause," a profile of the former Washington Post racing columnist, horseplayer, and creator of the Beyer Speed Figures.
Blood-Horse Publications received several awards June 20 at the American Horse Publications (AHP) Annual Awards Program held at the Menger Hotel in San Antonio, Texas.
Maryland-Bred Fund sparks resurgence. Download Now
John Scheinman has won the 2014 Media Eclipse Award for Writing in the Feature/Commentary category for "Memories of a Master: The Determined Life of Dickie Small," which appeared on bloodhorse.com.
As the Maryland Jockey Club moves forward under new leadership, it will place an emphasis on improving the day-to-day racing product by lowering takeout to attract new bettors and improving regional cooperation.
A task force recently formed to address the struggling Maryland Thoroughbred breeding industry suggested several measures Tuesday to reverse steep declines.
The key organizations in Maryland Thoroughbred racing announced Dec. 14 they have struck a 10-year-agreement for racing at Laurel Park and Pimlico Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint