Multi-millionaire and New York champion Say Florida Sandy has been purchased privately by Walter Downey from John Rotella and will enter stud at Amy Boll's Buckridge Farm near Stuyvesant, N.Y.
A refreshed Wrangler hopes to regain the stakes-winning form he displayed last February in Thursday's $100,000 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) over six furlongs at Aqueduct.
All-time New York-bred money-winner Say Florida Sandy edged ever closer to the $2 million mark when he notched this 31st career victory Friday in an allowance race at Aqueduct.
All-time New York-bred money-winner Say Florida Sandy meets old foe Impeachthepro in Friday's fall opener at Belmont Park, the $75,000 General Douglas MacArthur Handicap at seven furlongs.
Ageless Say Florida Sandy was honored as the 2001 New York- bred Horse of the Year Tuesday night at the New York Thoroughbred Breeders' annual awards dinner in Albany, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- VanMeter-Gentry Loaded at Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- BH 100: The Royal Treatment
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Roca Rojo Closes for Athenia Victory
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired