Multi-millionaire and New York champion Say Florida Sandy has been purchased privately by Walter Downey from John Rotella and will enter stud at Amy Boll's Buckridge Farm near Stuyvesant, N.Y.
A refreshed Wrangler hopes to regain the stakes-winning form he displayed last February in Thursday's $100,000 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) over six furlongs at Aqueduct.
All-time New York-bred money-winner Say Florida Sandy edged ever closer to the $2 million mark when he notched this 31st career victory Friday in an allowance race at Aqueduct.
All-time New York-bred money-winner Say Florida Sandy meets old foe Impeachthepro in Friday's fall opener at Belmont Park, the $75,000 General Douglas MacArthur Handicap at seven furlongs.
Ageless Say Florida Sandy was honored as the 2001 New York- bred Horse of the Year Tuesday night at the New York Thoroughbred Breeders' annual awards dinner in Albany, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- The Jockey Club Elects Six New Members
- Thoro-Graph Products Added to Equibase.com
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Understanding the Biomechanics of Lameness
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- RCI Votes Increased Multiple NSAID Penalties
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record