Multi-millionaire and New York champion Say Florida Sandy has been purchased privately by Walter Downey from John Rotella and will enter stud at Amy Boll's Buckridge Farm near Stuyvesant, N.Y.
A refreshed Wrangler hopes to regain the stakes-winning form he displayed last February in Thursday's $100,000 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) over six furlongs at Aqueduct.
All-time New York-bred money-winner Say Florida Sandy edged ever closer to the $2 million mark when he notched this 31st career victory Friday in an allowance race at Aqueduct.
All-time New York-bred money-winner Say Florida Sandy meets old foe Impeachthepro in Friday's fall opener at Belmont Park, the $75,000 General Douglas MacArthur Handicap at seven furlongs.
Ageless Say Florida Sandy was honored as the 2001 New York- bred Horse of the Year Tuesday night at the New York Thoroughbred Breeders' annual awards dinner in Albany, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Fast Anna Get Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Churchill, Yum! Brands Ink 5-Year Agreement
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances
- First Reported Winner for Pleasant Strike
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies