Multi-millionaire and New York champion Say Florida Sandy has been purchased privately by Walter Downey from John Rotella and will enter stud at Amy Boll's Buckridge Farm near Stuyvesant, N.Y.
A refreshed Wrangler hopes to regain the stakes-winning form he displayed last February in Thursday's $100,000 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) over six furlongs at Aqueduct.
All-time New York-bred money-winner Say Florida Sandy edged ever closer to the $2 million mark when he notched this 31st career victory Friday in an allowance race at Aqueduct.
All-time New York-bred money-winner Say Florida Sandy meets old foe Impeachthepro in Friday's fall opener at Belmont Park, the $75,000 General Douglas MacArthur Handicap at seven furlongs.
Ageless Say Florida Sandy was honored as the 2001 New York- bred Horse of the Year Tuesday night at the New York Thoroughbred Breeders' annual awards dinner in Albany, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta