George Strawbridge Jr.'s homebred Palmilla pulled off a shocker in the $300,000 Robert G. Dick Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) July 12 on the Delaware Park turf, as she soared past 1-5 favorite Rosinka in mid-stretch to win by 3 1/2 lengths under Rosemary Homeister Jr.
John W. Rooney, a former Delaware Park executive and enthusiastic supporter of racing in Delaware, has died. He was 78.
Call Now, the parent company of Retama Park, announced today the retirement of chairman and chief executive officer William Allen and president Robert Buffkin. The new president and CEO is Thomas Johnson and Christopher Hall will replace Buffkin on the board. At Delaware Park, Sam Abbey has been appointed racing secretary and vice president of finance John Rooney announced he will retire.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill