George Strawbridge Jr.'s homebred Palmilla pulled off a shocker in the $300,000 Robert G. Dick Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) July 12 on the Delaware Park turf, as she soared past 1-5 favorite Rosinka in mid-stretch to win by 3 1/2 lengths under Rosemary Homeister Jr.
John W. Rooney, a former Delaware Park executive and enthusiastic supporter of racing in Delaware, has died. He was 78.
Call Now, the parent company of Retama Park, announced today the retirement of chairman and chief executive officer William Allen and president Robert Buffkin. The new president and CEO is Thomas Johnson and Christopher Hall will replace Buffkin on the board. At Delaware Park, Sam Abbey has been appointed racing secretary and vice president of finance John Rooney announced he will retire.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- A Few Early Thoughts on the Kentucky Derby Pace
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill