A new refund and consolation payoff policy for "Pick Three" wagers in California goes into effect May 24, the state horse racing board recently reported.
Ingrid Fermin, an outspoken steward known for her no-nonsense approach, will be the new executive director of the California Horse Racing Board.
- By Jack Shinar
Do tracks really know who's watching? Racing continues to find new markets for its simulcast signal, but tracks and horsemen need to work together to trace where their product is sent and whether they are getting the revenues due them.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night