A new refund and consolation payoff policy for "Pick Three" wagers in California goes into effect May 24, the state horse racing board recently reported.
Ingrid Fermin, an outspoken steward known for her no-nonsense approach, will be the new executive director of the California Horse Racing Board.
- By Jack Shinar
Do tracks really know who's watching? Racing continues to find new markets for its simulcast signal, but tracks and horsemen need to work together to trace where their product is sent and whether they are getting the revenues due them.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies