New York Showcase Day June 1 at Belmont Park features eight stakes on a 10-race card restricted to New York-breds, with a variety of familiar contenders running for $850,000 in purses.
New York-bred Sunny Desert will put her six-race win streak on the line when she tries to grab the first graded stakes victory of her career March 2 in the $200,000 Top Flight Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Jockey Jason Lumpkins won three races at Turfway Park Sunday to tie Kris Prather's 2001 winter/spring meeting record of 109 wins.
Former trainer Tommy Pascuma, who in later years worked as an assistant to Hall of Fame trainer Phil Johnson, John Parisella and John Hertler, passed away Thursday after a long illness. He was 67.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Nabs Texas Red in San Vicente
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- California Chrome Picks Up Cal-Bred Awards
- Pletcher's Donn Quartet Breezes at Palm Beach
- Take Charge Brandi On Oaks Path, Lukas Says
- Hoppertunity Confirmed for San Antonio Start
- California Chrome Works February 1, 2015
- Hard to Stay Notgo Romps in Franklin Square
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting