Vintage Crop, the first Northern Hemisphere runner to win Australia's Melbourne Cup (Aus-I), was euthanized July 13 at the Irish National Stud where he lived in retirement.
Simon Burgess talks with John Osborne, CEO of the Irish National Stud, about the property and the horses, including stallions Invincible Spirit, Art Connoisseur, Amadeus Wolf, and Lord Shanakill. Watch Video
Verglas, the sire of 28 stakes winners, died May 17 from an accident at the Irish National Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- The Dirt On Synthetics Timeline
- Thoroughbred Club to Honor Veterinarians
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- What's Going On Here: Keeping the Promise
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- The Week in Photos for 7/22/2014