Vintage Crop, the first Northern Hemisphere runner to win Australia's Melbourne Cup (Aus-I), was euthanized July 13 at the Irish National Stud where he lived in retirement.
Simon Burgess talks with John Osborne, CEO of the Irish National Stud, about the property and the horses, including stallions Invincible Spirit, Art Connoisseur, Amadeus Wolf, and Lord Shanakill. Watch Video
Verglas, the sire of 28 stakes winners, died May 17 from an accident at the Irish National Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- Brown Sends Two West for American Oaks
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD