Vintage Crop, the first Northern Hemisphere runner to win Australia's Melbourne Cup (Aus-I), was euthanized July 13 at the Irish National Stud where he lived in retirement.
Simon Burgess talks with John Osborne, CEO of the Irish National Stud, about the property and the horses, including stallions Invincible Spirit, Art Connoisseur, Amadeus Wolf, and Lord Shanakill. Watch Video
Verglas, the sire of 28 stakes winners, died May 17 from an accident at the Irish National Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- First Black-type Winner for Freshman Havana Gold
- Hong Kong Champion Able Friend Retired
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park