Vintage Crop, the first Northern Hemisphere runner to win Australia's Melbourne Cup (Aus-I), was euthanized July 13 at the Irish National Stud where he lived in retirement.
Simon Burgess talks with John Osborne, CEO of the Irish National Stud, about the property and the horses, including stallions Invincible Spirit, Art Connoisseur, Amadeus Wolf, and Lord Shanakill. Watch Video
Verglas, the sire of 28 stakes winners, died May 17 from an accident at the Irish National Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat