Vintage Crop, the first Northern Hemisphere runner to win Australia's Melbourne Cup (Aus-I), was euthanized July 13 at the Irish National Stud where he lived in retirement.
Simon Burgess talks with John Osborne, CEO of the Irish National Stud, about the property and the horses, including stallions Invincible Spirit, Art Connoisseur, Amadeus Wolf, and Lord Shanakill. Watch Video
Verglas, the sire of 28 stakes winners, died May 17 from an accident at the Irish National Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Hope for Distribution of PA Breeder Awards
- McCarron: Clarification
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California