Vintage Crop, the first Northern Hemisphere runner to win Australia's Melbourne Cup (Aus-I), was euthanized July 13 at the Irish National Stud where he lived in retirement.
Simon Burgess talks with John Osborne, CEO of the Irish National Stud, about the property and the horses, including stallions Invincible Spirit, Art Connoisseur, Amadeus Wolf, and Lord Shanakill. Watch Video
Verglas, the sire of 28 stakes winners, died May 17 from an accident at the Irish National Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Sire Tapit Closing in on Record Season
- Aktabantay Out of BC Juvenile Turf
- Northern Cal Trainers On Cup's Center Stage
- Santa Anita Confident in New Dirt Surface
- Frat Brothers Team Up on Lawn Ranger
- Baffert Hopes Luck Turns with One Lucky Dane
- Breeders' Cup News Update for Oct 30, 2014
- Leading Edge Heads Princess Elizabeth