Vintage Crop, the first Northern Hemisphere runner to win Australia's Melbourne Cup (Aus-I), was euthanized July 13 at the Irish National Stud where he lived in retirement.
Simon Burgess talks with John Osborne, CEO of the Irish National Stud, about the property and the horses, including stallions Invincible Spirit, Art Connoisseur, Amadeus Wolf, and Lord Shanakill. Watch Video
Verglas, the sire of 28 stakes winners, died May 17 from an accident at the Irish National Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Speed Horses Hold Key to BC Classic
- Grand Arch 'Ready to Go' for BC Mile
- Ouzts Takes Santa Anita Off 'Bucket List'
- BC 2014: Alan Sherman: California Chrome Work
- Fed Biz in Quick Work for BC Dirt Mile
- Rich Tapestry, Big Macher in Sprint Works
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- BC 2014: Dale Romans Oct 25 Works
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired