The U.S. and European breeding operations of American billionaire John Malone dominated the top of the market on opening day of the Arqana December breeding stock sale Dec. 5.
French classic winner and prominent sire Soviet Star died Oct. 7 at Ballylinch Stud in Ireland. He was 30.
Astaire made all the pace and gamely captured the Vision.ae Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I) from stablemate Hot Streak Oct. 12 at Newmarket.
Wizz Kid came with a storming late run to win the Qatar Prix de l'Abbaye de Lonchamp (Fr-I) on Oct. 7, denying favorite Mayson in the opening Thoroughbred race on the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) card.
Beat Hollow, a French champion and a three-time grade I winner in the United States, will stand in 2012 at Ballylinch Stud (John O'Connor, managing director) in Co. Kilkenny, Ireland.
Dream Ahead, who beat Goldikova in the Qatar Prix de la Foret (Fr-I) Oct. 2 in what was his final start, has been retired for stallion duty in 2012 at Ballylinch Stud near Thomastown, Ireland.
Team Valor International's Miss Singhsix closed from last place to post a hard fought victory in the $150,000 Obeah Stakes (gr. III) at Delaware Park June 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps