The U.S. and European breeding operations of American billionaire John Malone dominated the top of the market on opening day of the Arqana December breeding stock sale Dec. 5.
French classic winner and prominent sire Soviet Star died Oct. 7 at Ballylinch Stud in Ireland. He was 30.
Astaire made all the pace and gamely captured the Vision.ae Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I) from stablemate Hot Streak Oct. 12 at Newmarket.
Wizz Kid came with a storming late run to win the Qatar Prix de l'Abbaye de Lonchamp (Fr-I) on Oct. 7, denying favorite Mayson in the opening Thoroughbred race on the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) card.
Beat Hollow, a French champion and a three-time grade I winner in the United States, will stand in 2012 at Ballylinch Stud (John O'Connor, managing director) in Co. Kilkenny, Ireland.
Dream Ahead, who beat Goldikova in the Qatar Prix de la Foret (Fr-I) Oct. 2 in what was his final start, has been retired for stallion duty in 2012 at Ballylinch Stud near Thomastown, Ireland.
Team Valor International's Miss Singhsix closed from last place to post a hard fought victory in the $150,000 Obeah Stakes (gr. III) at Delaware Park June 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze