Eight horses sold for six figures at the Tattersalls July mixed sale, which ended its three-day run July 12 with advances for all major indicators and an 86.4% clearance rate that signified strong demand.
Jockey Jeremy Rose's decision to remain at Delaware Park for most of Saturday afternoon paid off when he rode Trickle of Gold to victory in the $75,000 Sweet and Sassy Stakes for fillies and mares at six furlongs.
Grade II winner Dream Run has arrived at Lakland North near Hudson, N.Y., where he will stand the 2004 season for $5,000 live foal.
John Murphy's Dream Run, fourth in last month's Florida Derby (gr. I), has been installed the 2-1 morning-line favorite after drawing post 5 for Saturday's Illinois Derby (gr. II) at Sportsman's Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine