Joe Mulholland Jr. is a throwback to the days of homegrown Kentucky horsemen. He works tirelessly on the family farm with his siblings and father to produce top-quality Thoroughbreds.
Ventana returned to his winning ways, as the 5-year-old finally did May 21 at Pimlico Race Course when he outdueled longshot Immortal Eyes to score the $100,000 Maryland Sprint Handicap (gr. III).
Grade I winner Imaginary Lady, an 18-year-old daughter of Marfa, was euthanized July 16 after being found in the field at Spendthrift Farm near Lexington with a fractured leg.
Most Popular Stories
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions