Joe Mulholland Jr. is a throwback to the days of homegrown Kentucky horsemen. He works tirelessly on the family farm with his siblings and father to produce top-quality Thoroughbreds.
Ventana returned to his winning ways, as the 5-year-old finally did May 21 at Pimlico Race Course when he outdueled longshot Immortal Eyes to score the $100,000 Maryland Sprint Handicap (gr. III).
Grade I winner Imaginary Lady, an 18-year-old daughter of Marfa, was euthanized July 16 after being found in the field at Spendthrift Farm near Lexington with a fractured leg.
Most Popular Stories
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Gural-Owned Tracks Join Integrity Coalition
- Churchill Downs Plans $18 Million in Upgrades
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material