Jockey Julien Leparoux rallied Uncle T Seven from the back of the pack and onto a 2 3/4-length victory over Livin Large in the $150,000 Cab Calloway Division of the New York Stallion Series at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 12.
Canadian Ballet and Spanky Fischbein won the $100,000 2-year-old divisions of the New York Stallion Series at Aqueduct Nov. 11.
Multiple stakes-winning distaffers Acey Deucey and Western Hemisphere have been retired from racing and both are booked to Unbridled's Song.
Trainer John Morrison is hoping to win his first Saratoga stakes with Acey Deucey in Saturday's Test Stakes (gr. I) at seven furlongs. Judging from Acey Deucey's credentials going in the $250,000 race for 3-year-old fillies, the conditioner stands a good chance.
Acey Deucey will try to continue her ascent in the 3-year-old filly sprint ranks when she battles seven horses in the $200,000 Nassau County Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park Saturday.
Jockey Diane Nelson played the best poker hand in the $150,000 Comely Handicap (gr. IIT) when she guided Acey Deucey to a late-running victory over Seeking the Ante at Aqueduct Saturday.
Miss Gazon, an impressive winner in her last start on the Aqueduct turf, arrived from New York for the $150,000 Dahlia Handicap (gr. IIT), for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles on turf at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- KEDRC Makes Cobalt Policy Recommendation
- NBC Sports Commentators on 'Night School'
- NY Begins Weekly Track Information Reports
- 'Win and You're In' Spot for Ordak Dan
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely