Favored Something Extra proved a popular front-running winner of the Highlander Stakes (Can-IIT) July 6 on the Woodbine turf course, defeating champion Canadian sprinter Phil's Dream with Eurico Rosa Da Silva aboard.
Heavily favored Something Extra successfully defended his title in the $195,371 Connaught Cup Stakes (Can-IIT) with a resilient front-running effort May 26 on the Woodbine turf.
Outsider Something Extra sped to the front and was never headed as he recorded his initial stakes victory in the $149,821 Connaught Cup (Can-IIT) on the Woodbine turf May 27.
Simply Splendid remained perfect in two starts on the turf this season, courageously holding off Miss Keller in the final yards to win the $300,400 Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT) by a half-length June 5 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director
- That Handicapping Show: Los Alamitos Futurity
- EquiLottery, AmTote in Strategic Relationship
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress