ESPN Radio has won the 2009 media Eclipse Award in the audio/multi-media Internet category for its live coverage of last year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Northern California-based trainer John Martin earned the 1,000th win of his career Aug. 23 when Chase Neil won the fifth race at Sacramento's Cal Expo fair meet.
Owner Robert D. Bone, capping an unprecedented sweep of all six stops on the Southern California circuit in one year, hopes to finish with more victories during closing weekend at the Hollywood Park fall/winter meeting. Bone is the runaway leader in wins at the session.
Heavily favored Ashado gave jockey Jerry Bailey his record-tying 68th stakes triumph in 2003 by a head bob in Saturday's thrilling $200,000 Demoiselle (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at Aqueduct.
International performer Jim and Tonic has been retired from racing and will reside at the place of his birth, Haras d'Ecouves in Normandy, France.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends