Jockey Chris McCarron will take his place among three other legendary riders at Santa Anita when a bust of his likeness is unveiled Saturday.
Santa Anita Park will honor one of its all-time leading jockeys when it hosts "Chris McCarron Day" on Saturday, April 9, which is also Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) Day.
John Longden would have been 97 on Saturday. The legendary jockey died on his birthday last year. Santa Anita will honor Longden's memory Saturday by naming a race for him and hosting friends and members of his family.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Keeping Pace: Galileo Proving Up to Challenge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 09/16/2014
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Fast Anna Gets Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion