Jockey Chris McCarron will take his place among three other legendary riders at Santa Anita when a bust of his likeness is unveiled Saturday.
Santa Anita Park will honor one of its all-time leading jockeys when it hosts "Chris McCarron Day" on Saturday, April 9, which is also Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) Day.
John Longden would have been 97 on Saturday. The legendary jockey died on his birthday last year. Santa Anita will honor Longden's memory Saturday by naming a race for him and hosting friends and members of his family.
Most Popular Stories
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Magic Millions Weanling Sale Sets Records
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown