Jockey Chris McCarron will take his place among three other legendary riders at Santa Anita when a bust of his likeness is unveiled Saturday.
Santa Anita Park will honor one of its all-time leading jockeys when it hosts "Chris McCarron Day" on Saturday, April 9, which is also Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) Day.
John Longden would have been 97 on Saturday. The legendary jockey died on his birthday last year. Santa Anita will honor Longden's memory Saturday by naming a race for him and hosting friends and members of his family.
Most Popular Stories
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- Rich Tapestry's Korea Sprint Start in Doubt
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016