Owner West Point Thoroughbreds said Twilight Eclipse, who once sold at auction for $1,000 but reached racing's heights, has been retired from racing.
West Point Thoroughbreds' favored Twilight Eclipse likely punched his ticket to Dubai with an impressive victory in the $200,000 Mac Diarmida Stakes (gr. IIT) Feb. 15 at Gulfstream Park.
Twilight Eclipse ruined the return of favored Newsdad while establishing a new world record for 1 1/2 miles on turf in the $150,000 Pan American Handicap (gr. IIT) March 23 at Gulfstream Park.
Apprentice jockey Marcelino Torres earned his first career win Feb. 11 with just his second mount when he guided Luckie Chuckie from off the pace to win Turfway Park's fifth race by 5 3/4 lengths for trainer Byron Hughes.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap