When Twilight Eclipse won his career debut in June 2012, his earnings of $20,400 represented a return of more than 20 times the $1,000 paid by John L. Langemeier when he bought the son of Purim at public auction.
Lightly-raced Twilight Eclipse put away 3-2 favorite Ioya Bigtime entering the far turn and continued on to post an 11-1 upset win in the W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT) Nov. 24 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies