When Twilight Eclipse won his career debut in June 2012, his earnings of $20,400 represented a return of more than 20 times the $1,000 paid by John L. Langemeier when he bought the son of Purim at public auction.
Lightly-raced Twilight Eclipse put away 3-2 favorite Ioya Bigtime entering the far turn and continued on to post an 11-1 upset win in the W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT) Nov. 24 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Grade 2 Status Not Reinstated for Buena Vista