John Kluge, who owned Morven Stud Farm in Virginia and once was listed as the richest person in the United States, died Sept. 7 at his Charlottesville, Va., home.
Three Chimneys stallion Capote has been pensioned because of a combination of fertility and neurological problems, Three Chimneys owner and syndicate manager Robert Clay said Tuesday.
The owners of professional soccer's New York/New Jersey MetroStars are planning to build a new soccer stadium next to Aqueduct.
A "hot" catalogue and a wintry Australian exchange rate ($1 Australian equals U.S. $.51) assisted indicator increases on the first day of trading at the Australian Easter Yearling Sale, conducted at Sydney's Newmarket sale ring April 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham