Prominent United States-based owners Jon and Sarah Kelly secured a Redoute's Choice colt in the first seven-figure transaction of this year's Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale Jan. 10 in Queensland.
Danehill's astonishing son, Redoute's Choice, landed the day's top-priced yearling at Aus$1.8 million (U.S.$1.45 million) when his fantastically put together son from the unraced Marauding mare Saucy Nell stunned everyone.
John Kelly, patriarch of Australia's high-ranking Newhaven Park, died on Feb. 22 at age 86. A highly-respected figure in the Australian Thoroughbred breeding and racing industry, Kelly had been ill for several years.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Miss Ella, 'Silver' Back for Victory Ride
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive