Prominent United States-based owners Jon and Sarah Kelly secured a Redoute's Choice colt in the first seven-figure transaction of this year's Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale Jan. 10 in Queensland.
Danehill's astonishing son, Redoute's Choice, landed the day's top-priced yearling at Aus$1.8 million (U.S.$1.45 million) when his fantastically put together son from the unraced Marauding mare Saucy Nell stunned everyone.
John Kelly, patriarch of Australia's high-ranking Newhaven Park, died on Feb. 22 at age 86. A highly-respected figure in the Australian Thoroughbred breeding and racing industry, Kelly had been ill for several years.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing