Prominent United States-based owners Jon and Sarah Kelly secured a Redoute's Choice colt in the first seven-figure transaction of this year's Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale Jan. 10 in Queensland.
Danehill's astonishing son, Redoute's Choice, landed the day's top-priced yearling at Aus$1.8 million (U.S.$1.45 million) when his fantastically put together son from the unraced Marauding mare Saucy Nell stunned everyone.
John Kelly, patriarch of Australia's high-ranking Newhaven Park, died on Feb. 22 at age 86. A highly-respected figure in the Australian Thoroughbred breeding and racing industry, Kelly had been ill for several years.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- Swagger Jack Moves to Dana Point
- Seth Hancock Named Keeneland Trustee
- Glen Hill Farm to Sponsor One Dreamer Stakes
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- TimeformUS Preview: The Travers
- Average, Median Rise at Doncaster Sale