The owner of Thistledown near Cleveland said June 6 it has a memorandum of understanding with the State of Ohio to install video lottery terminals at the racetrack, but also reserves the right to move the operation.
Just as the state's first racino prepares to open June 1, an Ohio judge has ruled against a group that filed suit challenging the legality of the casinos that fall under auspices of the Ohio Lottery Commission.
A judge issued an order Feb. 24 allowing several gambling interests to intervene in a lawsuit filed by the Ohio Roundtable challenging a law allowing Ohio racetracks to install video lottery terminals.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Laurel Adds New High-Definition Infield Board