The owner of Thistledown near Cleveland said June 6 it has a memorandum of understanding with the State of Ohio to install video lottery terminals at the racetrack, but also reserves the right to move the operation.
Just as the state's first racino prepares to open June 1, an Ohio judge has ruled against a group that filed suit challenging the legality of the casinos that fall under auspices of the Ohio Lottery Commission.
A judge issued an order Feb. 24 allowing several gambling interests to intervene in a lawsuit filed by the Ohio Roundtable challenging a law allowing Ohio racetracks to install video lottery terminals.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Einstein Moving to Adena Springs Canada
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Grade I Producer Garden Secrets Dies
- Churchill Downs Commits Money to RMTC
- City of Hope Designated Breeder's Cup Charity
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Venus de Milo, Narniyn Square Off in Nassau
- TOBA July Member of the Month