The owner of Thistledown near Cleveland said June 6 it has a memorandum of understanding with the State of Ohio to install video lottery terminals at the racetrack, but also reserves the right to move the operation.
Just as the state's first racino prepares to open June 1, an Ohio judge has ruled against a group that filed suit challenging the legality of the casinos that fall under auspices of the Ohio Lottery Commission.
A judge issued an order Feb. 24 allowing several gambling interests to intervene in a lawsuit filed by the Ohio Roundtable challenging a law allowing Ohio racetracks to install video lottery terminals.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Bolo Back Home at Santa Anita for Thunder Road
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends