The Ohio Roundtable, an anti-gambling organization, asked the Franklin County Court of Appeals Jan. 17 to reject a decision by the Franklin County Common Pleas Court, which last year dismissed a lawsuit challenging VLTs.
The Ohio Roundtable contended in oral arguments April 3 that a 2011 law passed by the Ohio General Assembly allowing the state Lottery Commission to install video lottery terminals at racetracks is unconstitutional.
A second group has announced plans to seek a constitutional amendment to place a vote on video slots at racetracks in Ohio on the November ballot.
Most Popular Stories
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Star-Studded Group Nominated for Los Al Derby
- Grade I Winner Molly Morgan Retired
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Commentary: Saving, Not Destroying the House
- Power Alert Seeks Riches at Evangeline Downs
- That Handicapping Show: Belmont Preview
- Response Tops Second Magic Millions Session