The Ohio Roundtable, an anti-gambling organization, asked the Franklin County Court of Appeals Jan. 17 to reject a decision by the Franklin County Common Pleas Court, which last year dismissed a lawsuit challenging VLTs.
The Ohio Roundtable contended in oral arguments April 3 that a 2011 law passed by the Ohio General Assembly allowing the state Lottery Commission to install video lottery terminals at racetracks is unconstitutional.
A second group has announced plans to seek a constitutional amendment to place a vote on video slots at racetracks in Ohio on the November ballot.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Outfights Moreno in Woodward
- Palace Dazzles in Speedy Forego Triumph
- Sunset Glow Shines in Del Mar Debutante Win
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stonetastic Powers to Prioress Score
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Avanzare Prevails in Washington Park Thriller
- Best Pal Winner Skyway Returns for Futurity
- Velazquez Receives Mike Venezia Award