The Ohio Roundtable, an anti-gambling organization, asked the Franklin County Court of Appeals Jan. 17 to reject a decision by the Franklin County Common Pleas Court, which last year dismissed a lawsuit challenging VLTs.
The Ohio Roundtable contended in oral arguments April 3 that a 2011 law passed by the Ohio General Assembly allowing the state Lottery Commission to install video lottery terminals at racetracks is unconstitutional.
A second group has announced plans to seek a constitutional amendment to place a vote on video slots at racetracks in Ohio on the November ballot.
Most Popular Stories
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- Stryker Phd Named Washington Horse of Year
- French Group I Winner Creator Dies at 29
- Gulfstream Announces Summer Stakes Program
- Strong Beginning for Inglis Premier Sale
- Laurel Park Cancels Sunday, March 1 Racing
- El Kabeir Breezes for Gotham