The Ohio Roundtable, an anti-gambling organization, asked the Franklin County Court of Appeals Jan. 17 to reject a decision by the Franklin County Common Pleas Court, which last year dismissed a lawsuit challenging VLTs.
The Ohio Roundtable contended in oral arguments April 3 that a 2011 law passed by the Ohio General Assembly allowing the state Lottery Commission to install video lottery terminals at racetracks is unconstitutional.
A second group has announced plans to seek a constitutional amendment to place a vote on video slots at racetracks in Ohio on the November ballot.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief to Undergo Nuclear Scan
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 19
- Borel Named to Ride El Kabeir in KY Derby
- Bejarano to Ride Bolo in Kentucky Derby
- El Kabeir in Sharp Drill for Kentucky Derby
- KY Oaks Hopeful Shook Up Sharp in CD Workout
- Duramente Storms Home in Japanese Guineas
- I'm a Chatterbox Works Toward Kentucky Oaks
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut