The Ohio Roundtable, an anti-gambling organization, asked the Franklin County Court of Appeals Jan. 17 to reject a decision by the Franklin County Common Pleas Court, which last year dismissed a lawsuit challenging VLTs.
The Ohio Roundtable contended in oral arguments April 3 that a 2011 law passed by the Ohio General Assembly allowing the state Lottery Commission to install video lottery terminals at racetracks is unconstitutional.
A second group has announced plans to seek a constitutional amendment to place a vote on video slots at racetracks in Ohio on the November ballot.
Most Popular Stories
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- Regulators Consider Out-of-Competition Rule
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- 375 Yearlings Cataloged for Arqana Sale
- Zenyatta Bottle to Benefit Old Friends