Air Forbes Won, the 1982 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) favorite who sired 49 stakes winners, was euthanized Nov. 19 at age 30 because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Keeneland's 14-day November Breeding Stock Sale rolled through Sunday's halfway point with gross sales, average and median prices all up over a year ago.
Fudge Fatale, the longest shot in the field at 55-1, opened a long early lead and held off Polygreen in the stretch for a shocking 1-¼ length victory Wednesday in the $76,850 Tuzla Handicap for fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
Breeders' Cup Ltd. elected 13 members to its board of directors through the proportional shareholder voting system by Breeders' Cup foal and stallion nominators.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Churchill Downs Stock Price Soars
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Management Changes at Fair Grounds
- Delaware Jockey Facing Charges After Shooting
- Keeneland September Sale: 4,164 Yearlings
- For Now, Nine Expected to Race in WV Derby
- Ad Exec Siegel Wins First Emmy Award