James Scatuorchio and John Iracane's Bittel Road came from the clouds and got the final jump on Driving Snow to take the $200,000 Woodford Reserve Bourbon Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a head in thrilling fashion Oct. 5 on the Keeneland turf. The victory earned undefeated Bittel Road a berth in the Grey Goose Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf Oct. 25 at Santa Anita.
James Scatuorchio and John Iracane's Bittel Road, the only stakes winner in a field of 12 2-year-olds, tries to stay unbeaten when he lines up for the Woodford Reserve Bourbon Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 5 on the Keeneland turf.
Beckys Shirt, whose millionaire son Cajun Beat won the 2003 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), died April 3 from complications of colic after delivering a Storm Cat colt.
Cajun Beat, last year's Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner, kicked off his 2004 campaign with a gate-to-wire victory in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs.
Cajun Beat was supposed to get a little vacation following his Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) victory, but the 3-year-old gelding has other ideas.
Saturday's Sprint winner, Cajun Beat, is getting some rest, but trainer Steve Margolis is already thinking about his colt's next possible start.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity