Storied Lady will try for her second stakes win of the current meet when she starts from the outside in an expected field of six fillies and mares in the $100,000 Cat Cay Stakes Saturday, March 7, at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Stormy Shay, whose broodmare sire is Seattle Slew, triumphs at Aaqueduct.
Whos Next Racing Team's 2-year-old filly Princess Sweet captured the $125,000 Fifth Avenue Division of the New York Stallion Series for trainer Linda Rice three days after winning her maiden debut. The win highlighted the track's New York Stallion Series Sunday at Aqueduct.
It was a crowded Saratoga Race Course on Sunday afternoon with a paid attendance of 70,792, but Dave and jockey Jose Santos found plenty of room in the lane, coming away with a one-length victory in the $113,600 West Point Handicap on the turf for New York-breds.
Seymour Cohn, who was involved in racing for more than 50 years, died today in New York. He was 92.
Former trainer Tommy Pascuma, who in later years worked as an assistant to Hall of Fame trainer Phil Johnson, John Parisella and John Hertler, passed away Thursday after a long illness. He was 67.
Exercise rider Vincente Canizo suffered a broken collarbone at the Oklahoma Training Track on the Saratoga Race Course grounds when he was unseated while working a 5-year-old mare, Bound on Bi, Thursday morning.
Under 131 pounds, Kashatreya closed through the stretch to win the $111,900 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. II) Thursday at Aqueduct. With Octavio Vergara in the irons, the 5-year-old New York-bred completed the six furlongs in 1:11.03 over a fast track and paid $19.20, $8.80 and $4.50.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll