Darby Dan Farm has named John Hamilton as the director of client development at the Lexington farm.
A federal bankruptcy judge in Lexington on Aug. 19 approved motions that will permit the sale in November of 63 horses owned by Richard and Audrey Haisfield's Stonewall Farm and Stonewall Stallions.
A major creditor of Richard and Audrey Haisfield's Stonewall Stallions and related entities has filed an emergency motion in federal bankruptcy court seeking to foreclose on the Midway, Ky., farm and stallions.
Five businesses owned or associated with Richard and Audrey Haisfield are affected. Stallions will be relocated to Florida.
Under an agreement between the various parties, Bluewater Sales of Lexington has been appointed as receiver to take possession of and sell more than 130 horses owned by Stonewall Stallions and related entities.
Fifth Third Bank has sued another major equine entity for failure to repay loans, this time taking the action against Stonewall Stallions, farm owner Audrey Haisfield, and other entities.
Stan Fulton and Stonewall Farm Stallions are in a dispute over the 2006 sale of It's No Joke, with both sides saying the other breached conditions of a $1.1-million sale contract.
The 2007 edition of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November selected sale is expected to be a star-studded affair with grade I-winning broodmare prospects and grade I producers filling the catalog pages.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- The late Howard Battle will be missed, not only at the many racetracks where he worked and by the many younger officials he mentored. His reach extended around the racing world.
Prospective foal insurance used to be about the new owner of a pregnant broodmare protecting his investment after the purchase. At this year's Keeneland November breeding stock sale, insurance coverage became an incentive to buy the mare in the first place.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks