Tres Borrachos found a great spot for his first victory over winners when he rallied boldly on the inside to upset Colonel John and Two Step Salsa as the longest shot in the field in the $355,495 Swaps Stakes (gr. II) July 12 at Hollywood Park.
The Kentucky region of the Make-A-Wish Foundation and Three Chimneys Farm recently teamed up to grant a young boy's wish of meeting Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes (both gr. I) winner Smarty Jones. His experience will be chronicled June 30 during SportsCenter's "My Wish" series at 6:00 on ESPN.
Multiple grade I winner Borrego will return to his roots when he is retired to Wintergreen Farm near Midway, Ky. to stand at stud, effective with the 2007 breeding season.
Wintergreen Stallion Station announced that grade II winner Century City, who ran third in the NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) in what was his last start, has been retired and will enter stud for a fee of $12,500 live foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana