Tres Borrachos found a great spot for his first victory over winners when he rallied boldly on the inside to upset Colonel John and Two Step Salsa as the longest shot in the field in the $355,495 Swaps Stakes (gr. II) July 12 at Hollywood Park.
The Kentucky region of the Make-A-Wish Foundation and Three Chimneys Farm recently teamed up to grant a young boy's wish of meeting Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes (both gr. I) winner Smarty Jones. His experience will be chronicled June 30 during SportsCenter's "My Wish" series at 6:00 on ESPN.
Multiple grade I winner Borrego will return to his roots when he is retired to Wintergreen Farm near Midway, Ky. to stand at stud, effective with the 2007 breeding season.
Wintergreen Stallion Station announced that grade II winner Century City, who ran third in the NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) in what was his last start, has been retired and will enter stud for a fee of $12,500 live foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- Lenny's Place - Episode 1
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core