Grade I winner Daisy Devine made quick work of four rivals in the $72,000 Blushing K. D. Handicap, going gate to wire for a six-length victory on the turf at Fair Ground Race Course & Slots Dec. 22.
Jockey Luis Quinonez registered back-to-back stakes wins at Remington Park Sept. 7 with Going Ballistic in the Governor's Handicap and Tizfiz in the Edward J. DeBartolo Memorial.
Senor Swinger, ridden by Pat Day, closed from fifth on the backside past favored Hard Buck in the final furlong for a 1 1/4-length victory in Saturday's first running of the $110,900 Opening Verse Handicap for 3-year-olds and up at Churchill Downs.
Crown Royal American Turf (gr. III) winner Senor Swinger tuned up for his return to the grass in Saturday's $200,000-added Jefferson Cup (gr. III) with a blistering five furlong work over the Churchill Downs main track on Monday.
The Thoroughbred Corp's Point Given returned to the track at Churchill Downs on Thursday for the first time since his victory in last Saturday's Preakness (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Wonder Gal Seeks Rebound in Frizette Stakes
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- Bustin It Heads New York Breeders' Futurity
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Black Type On the Line in Indiana Oaks