Grade I winner Daisy Devine made quick work of four rivals in the $72,000 Blushing K. D. Handicap, going gate to wire for a six-length victory on the turf at Fair Ground Race Course & Slots Dec. 22.
Jockey Luis Quinonez registered back-to-back stakes wins at Remington Park Sept. 7 with Going Ballistic in the Governor's Handicap and Tizfiz in the Edward J. DeBartolo Memorial.
Senor Swinger, ridden by Pat Day, closed from fifth on the backside past favored Hard Buck in the final furlong for a 1 1/4-length victory in Saturday's first running of the $110,900 Opening Verse Handicap for 3-year-olds and up at Churchill Downs.
Crown Royal American Turf (gr. III) winner Senor Swinger tuned up for his return to the grass in Saturday's $200,000-added Jefferson Cup (gr. III) with a blistering five furlong work over the Churchill Downs main track on Monday.
The Thoroughbred Corp's Point Given returned to the track at Churchill Downs on Thursday for the first time since his victory in last Saturday's Preakness (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Progeny of Lemon Drop Kid
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again