Grade I winner Daisy Devine made quick work of four rivals in the $72,000 Blushing K. D. Handicap, going gate to wire for a six-length victory on the turf at Fair Ground Race Course & Slots Dec. 22.
Jockey Luis Quinonez registered back-to-back stakes wins at Remington Park Sept. 7 with Going Ballistic in the Governor's Handicap and Tizfiz in the Edward J. DeBartolo Memorial.
Senor Swinger, ridden by Pat Day, closed from fifth on the backside past favored Hard Buck in the final furlong for a 1 1/4-length victory in Saturday's first running of the $110,900 Opening Verse Handicap for 3-year-olds and up at Churchill Downs.
Crown Royal American Turf (gr. III) winner Senor Swinger tuned up for his return to the grass in Saturday's $200,000-added Jefferson Cup (gr. III) with a blistering five furlong work over the Churchill Downs main track on Monday.
The Thoroughbred Corp's Point Given returned to the track at Churchill Downs on Thursday for the first time since his victory in last Saturday's Preakness (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail