Grade I winner Daisy Devine made quick work of four rivals in the $72,000 Blushing K. D. Handicap, going gate to wire for a six-length victory on the turf at Fair Ground Race Course & Slots Dec. 22.
Jockey Luis Quinonez registered back-to-back stakes wins at Remington Park Sept. 7 with Going Ballistic in the Governor's Handicap and Tizfiz in the Edward J. DeBartolo Memorial.
Senor Swinger, ridden by Pat Day, closed from fifth on the backside past favored Hard Buck in the final furlong for a 1 1/4-length victory in Saturday's first running of the $110,900 Opening Verse Handicap for 3-year-olds and up at Churchill Downs.
Crown Royal American Turf (gr. III) winner Senor Swinger tuned up for his return to the grass in Saturday's $200,000-added Jefferson Cup (gr. III) with a blistering five furlong work over the Churchill Downs main track on Monday.
The Thoroughbred Corp's Point Given returned to the track at Churchill Downs on Thursday for the first time since his victory in last Saturday's Preakness (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field