Bal a Bali, the Brazilian Triple Crown winner who has qualified for a berth in the Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), is being treated for laminitis, according to Rick Porter's Fox Hill Farm.
Trainer Richard Mandella is relishing the prospect of having Bal A Bali, winner of the Brazilian Triple Crown in 2013 and already qualified for a spot in the $3 million Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) Nov. 1, in his barn soon.
Rebounding from a dismal try in the Arlington Million (gr. IT), Indy Point charged to victory in the $150,000 John Henry Turf Championship (gr. IIT) Sept. 29 at Santa Anita Park for red-hot jockey Gary Stevens.
WinStar Farm has sold an interest in grade I winner Sidney's Candy to Argentina-based Rubio B Stable, and plans to shuttle him to Ricardo Benedicto's Haras La Pasion in Argentina.
Fasig-Tipton planning to sell a group of mares in foal on Southern Hemisphere covers during the Kentucky November select mixed auction.
The bloodstock agent will serve as the company's representative in Central and South America.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association will hold a two-day conformation and pedigree clinic at Calder Race Course Feb. 1-2.
Rmisvesta worked seven furlongs in 1:26.40 Sunday morning at Hollywood Park and received the green light for the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies Saturday from trainer John Sadler.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful