The 11th edition of the John Franks Memorial 2-year-old in training sale recorded solid results.
The John Franks Memorial sale of 2-year-olds in training posted increases of 37.1% in gross and 14.9% in average price from a year ago at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino in Louisiana March 25.
Median remains about the same, but the average drops 7.6% from a year ago.
Taylor's Tiger, a bay son of Roar of the Tiger, brought $77,000 to top the John Franks Memorial sale of 2-year-olds in training March 22 at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino in Louisiana. Midwest Thoroughbred purchased the Louisiana-bred colt from Southwind Farm.
A total of 218 juveniles have been cataloged for the 2009 edition of the John Franks Memorial 2-Year-Olds in Training Sale at Evangeline Downs on March 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double