The 11th edition of the John Franks Memorial 2-year-old in training sale recorded solid results.
The John Franks Memorial sale of 2-year-olds in training posted increases of 37.1% in gross and 14.9% in average price from a year ago at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino in Louisiana March 25.
Median remains about the same, but the average drops 7.6% from a year ago.
Taylor's Tiger, a bay son of Roar of the Tiger, brought $77,000 to top the John Franks Memorial sale of 2-year-olds in training March 22 at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino in Louisiana. Midwest Thoroughbred purchased the Louisiana-bred colt from Southwind Farm.
A total of 218 juveniles have been cataloged for the 2009 edition of the John Franks Memorial 2-Year-Olds in Training Sale at Evangeline Downs on March 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis