Santa Anita Park and Golden Gate Fields are planning to limit the amount of advance deposit wagering operations that are permitted to take bets on races at the two racetracks, Scott Daruty said at a California Horse Racing Board meeting Dec. 15.
A crucial issue regarding how pari-mutuel takeout is distributed for racing in California was discussed, at times contentiously, during a California Horse Racing Board Pari-Mutuel and Wagering Committee meeting Dec. 14 at Los Alamitos Race Course.
While a panel of experts on daily fantasy gaming and its current legality differed on some details, they largely agreed this relatively new gaming form is here to stay and racing should work with it.
The California Horse Racing Board took steps toward new guidelines for medication violators, during its Oct. 22 meeting at Santa Anita Park that would prevent those violators from transferring horses to their employees.
A national conversation over the legality and viability of daily fantasy sports was at the forefront of the California Horse Racing Board session Oct. 21 at Santa Anita Park.
Fantasy sports, fixed odds, and broader distribution were offered as potential avenues of growth for the pari-mutuel racing industry - all with caveats - during an Oct.6 session at the International Simulcast Conference.
Regulators who believe advance deposit wagering companies are not paying their fair share to the industry squared off against ADW reps who noted that added taxation could slow the success of a growing portion of the industry.
Operators of online racing and sports fantasy games said Dec. 4 the time is now for the horse racing industry to capitalize on them to develop fans and generate new revenue.
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Itsinthepost Goes Long in Elkhorn Stakes
- Trio Zips On OBS Spring Sale's Final Under Tack Day