A filly by Fastnet Rock out of a Galileo mare sold for the top price of $300,000 ($278,011 in United States funds) June 4 during the first of two select sessions of the Magic Millions National yearling sale.
Steady trade over three days at New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale moved key market indicators ahead of last year as the auction wrapped up Jan. 31 at Karaka.
New Zealand Bloodstock's ready to run sale of 2-year-olds ended its two-day stand in Karaka Nov. 19 with solid results. The average price of NZ$60,366 was down only 1.3% from 2007's comparable figure of NZ$61,134, which was a record for the auction. The median price of NZ$33,000 represented a drop of 8.3% from NZ$36,000 last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks
- Bullheaded Boy First Winner for Bullsbay
- Hawthorne Drops Race Dates, Cuts Fall Stakes
- Makari Wins Smithwick for Voss Murray
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Dayatthespa, Big Blue Kitten on Whitney Card
- First Winner for Sire Concord Point