Capac, strong winner of a Feb. 4 allowance race at Laurel Park, is scheduled to make his stakes debut in the $40,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 28 at the Maryland racetrack.
The much talked about Capac made a triumphant 3-year-old debut Wednesday, charging to the lead at the head of the stretch in a seven-furlong allowance race at Laurel, then drawing off to a convincing 3 3/4-length score.
Just who is Capac? Why was Bob Baffert so determined to buy the son of Deputy Minister off one maiden victory in the slop? Why was Bobby Frankel also interested? Why did Richard Santulli finally buy quarter-interest for a mid-six-figure price? Perhaps we'll find out on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe Retired, to Keeneland November Sale
- Songbird Works at Del Mar, Cotillion Next
- KY Downs to Open With Loaded All-Turf Card
- Oaklawn Reaches Agreement With United Tote
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Longtime Voice of Fairmount Park to Retire
- Renowned Vet John Kenney Dies at 79
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities