Capac, strong winner of a Feb. 4 allowance race at Laurel Park, is scheduled to make his stakes debut in the $40,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 28 at the Maryland racetrack.
The much talked about Capac made a triumphant 3-year-old debut Wednesday, charging to the lead at the head of the stretch in a seven-furlong allowance race at Laurel, then drawing off to a convincing 3 3/4-length score.
Just who is Capac? Why was Bob Baffert so determined to buy the son of Deputy Minister off one maiden victory in the slop? Why was Bobby Frankel also interested? Why did Richard Santulli finally buy quarter-interest for a mid-six-figure price? Perhaps we'll find out on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- TOBA December Member of the Month
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- HRRN en Espanol to Cover Clásico del Caribe