Capac, strong winner of a Feb. 4 allowance race at Laurel Park, is scheduled to make his stakes debut in the $40,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 28 at the Maryland racetrack.
The much talked about Capac made a triumphant 3-year-old debut Wednesday, charging to the lead at the head of the stretch in a seven-furlong allowance race at Laurel, then drawing off to a convincing 3 3/4-length score.
Just who is Capac? Why was Bob Baffert so determined to buy the son of Deputy Minister off one maiden victory in the slop? Why was Bobby Frankel also interested? Why did Richard Santulli finally buy quarter-interest for a mid-six-figure price? Perhaps we'll find out on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015