Capac, strong winner of a Feb. 4 allowance race at Laurel Park, is scheduled to make his stakes debut in the $40,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 28 at the Maryland racetrack.
The much talked about Capac made a triumphant 3-year-old debut Wednesday, charging to the lead at the head of the stretch in a seven-furlong allowance race at Laurel, then drawing off to a convincing 3 3/4-length score.
Just who is Capac? Why was Bob Baffert so determined to buy the son of Deputy Minister off one maiden victory in the slop? Why was Bobby Frankel also interested? Why did Richard Santulli finally buy quarter-interest for a mid-six-figure price? Perhaps we'll find out on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother