Capac, strong winner of a Feb. 4 allowance race at Laurel Park, is scheduled to make his stakes debut in the $40,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 28 at the Maryland racetrack.
The much talked about Capac made a triumphant 3-year-old debut Wednesday, charging to the lead at the head of the stretch in a seven-furlong allowance race at Laurel, then drawing off to a convincing 3 3/4-length score.
Just who is Capac? Why was Bob Baffert so determined to buy the son of Deputy Minister off one maiden victory in the slop? Why was Bobby Frankel also interested? Why did Richard Santulli finally buy quarter-interest for a mid-six-figure price? Perhaps we'll find out on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- 5 Tips for Feeding Weanlings
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move