Capac, strong winner of a Feb. 4 allowance race at Laurel Park, is scheduled to make his stakes debut in the $40,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 28 at the Maryland racetrack.
The much talked about Capac made a triumphant 3-year-old debut Wednesday, charging to the lead at the head of the stretch in a seven-furlong allowance race at Laurel, then drawing off to a convincing 3 3/4-length score.
Just who is Capac? Why was Bob Baffert so determined to buy the son of Deputy Minister off one maiden victory in the slop? Why was Bobby Frankel also interested? Why did Richard Santulli finally buy quarter-interest for a mid-six-figure price? Perhaps we'll find out on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego