Capac, strong winner of a Feb. 4 allowance race at Laurel Park, is scheduled to make his stakes debut in the $40,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 28 at the Maryland racetrack.
The much talked about Capac made a triumphant 3-year-old debut Wednesday, charging to the lead at the head of the stretch in a seven-furlong allowance race at Laurel, then drawing off to a convincing 3 3/4-length score.
Just who is Capac? Why was Bob Baffert so determined to buy the son of Deputy Minister off one maiden victory in the slop? Why was Bobby Frankel also interested? Why did Richard Santulli finally buy quarter-interest for a mid-six-figure price? Perhaps we'll find out on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Survives Diana Inquiry
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- John Henry, Phil Marino, and Early Cajun Days
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego