Capac, strong winner of a Feb. 4 allowance race at Laurel Park, is scheduled to make his stakes debut in the $40,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 28 at the Maryland racetrack.
The much talked about Capac made a triumphant 3-year-old debut Wednesday, charging to the lead at the head of the stretch in a seven-furlong allowance race at Laurel, then drawing off to a convincing 3 3/4-length score.
Just who is Capac? Why was Bob Baffert so determined to buy the son of Deputy Minister off one maiden victory in the slop? Why was Bobby Frankel also interested? Why did Richard Santulli finally buy quarter-interest for a mid-six-figure price? Perhaps we'll find out on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double