Capac, strong winner of a Feb. 4 allowance race at Laurel Park, is scheduled to make his stakes debut in the $40,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 28 at the Maryland racetrack.
The much talked about Capac made a triumphant 3-year-old debut Wednesday, charging to the lead at the head of the stretch in a seven-furlong allowance race at Laurel, then drawing off to a convincing 3 3/4-length score.
Just who is Capac? Why was Bob Baffert so determined to buy the son of Deputy Minister off one maiden victory in the slop? Why was Bobby Frankel also interested? Why did Richard Santulli finally buy quarter-interest for a mid-six-figure price? Perhaps we'll find out on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Keeneland Ends With Handle, Attendance Gains
- First Winner for Empire Way