Capac, strong winner of a Feb. 4 allowance race at Laurel Park, is scheduled to make his stakes debut in the $40,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 28 at the Maryland racetrack.
The much talked about Capac made a triumphant 3-year-old debut Wednesday, charging to the lead at the head of the stretch in a seven-furlong allowance race at Laurel, then drawing off to a convincing 3 3/4-length score.
Just who is Capac? Why was Bob Baffert so determined to buy the son of Deputy Minister off one maiden victory in the slop? Why was Bobby Frankel also interested? Why did Richard Santulli finally buy quarter-interest for a mid-six-figure price? Perhaps we'll find out on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Illinois Tracks Seeking Fewer Dates in 2015