Capac, strong winner of a Feb. 4 allowance race at Laurel Park, is scheduled to make his stakes debut in the $40,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 28 at the Maryland racetrack.
The much talked about Capac made a triumphant 3-year-old debut Wednesday, charging to the lead at the head of the stretch in a seven-furlong allowance race at Laurel, then drawing off to a convincing 3 3/4-length score.
Just who is Capac? Why was Bob Baffert so determined to buy the son of Deputy Minister off one maiden victory in the slop? Why was Bobby Frankel also interested? Why did Richard Santulli finally buy quarter-interest for a mid-six-figure price? Perhaps we'll find out on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- New Zealand Yearling Sale Continues Strong
- TOBA January Member of the Month
- Upgraded Marine Gives Canada 44 Graded Stakes
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Ladies 'Cap: Belle Gallantey Seeks Turnaround