Capac, strong winner of a Feb. 4 allowance race at Laurel Park, is scheduled to make his stakes debut in the $40,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 28 at the Maryland racetrack.
The much talked about Capac made a triumphant 3-year-old debut Wednesday, charging to the lead at the head of the stretch in a seven-furlong allowance race at Laurel, then drawing off to a convincing 3 3/4-length score.
Just who is Capac? Why was Bob Baffert so determined to buy the son of Deputy Minister off one maiden victory in the slop? Why was Bobby Frankel also interested? Why did Richard Santulli finally buy quarter-interest for a mid-six-figure price? Perhaps we'll find out on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- The Curse of Haskin