Favored Fifty Proof, Canada's champion older male of 2011, returned from 16-month layoff to take the $127,321 Sir Barton Stakes in front-running style at Woodbine Dec. 2.
Fifty Proof, idle since a second-place effort in the Nijinsky Stakes (Can-II) in July 2011, returns to action in the $125,000 Sir Barton Stakes Dec. 3 at Woodbine.
Fifty Proof earned his first graded stakes win when he disposed of odds-on favorite Exhi on the final turn and held on for a half-length win in the $175,871 Eclipse Stakes (Can-III) at odds of 10-1 at Woodbine May 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Gulfstream Championship Meet Schedule Set
- AQHA President Blodgett Elected to AHC Board
- Santa Anita Stables Reopen Sept. 4
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Golf Outing to Raise Money for Morris, Others
- Florida Sire Stakes Series Continues Sept. 5
- That Handicapping Show: The Woodward Stakes