Rosie Napravnik, Maryland's top rider in 2006, has been released from the hospital but will miss some time after suffering a back injury in a spill at Laurel Park Friday afternoon.
Jockeys Rosie Napravnik and Ryan Fogelsonger went to the ground Friday when Napravnik's horse fell while galloping out after completing the sixth race at Laurel Park and Fogelsonger's mount tripped over the fallen horse.
The Maryland stewards granted leading rider Rosie Napravnik a stay after she appealed a five-day suspension for her ride aboard Tenure Track at Pimlico on April 28.
Laurel Park's leading rider, Rosie Napravnik, took off her final five mounts Friday after being tossed from the mare Hazard during the third race at Laurel.
Apprentice rider Rosie Napravnik, who was leading the Laurel Park jockey standings when she fractured her left collarbone in a spill on Nov. 12, is to make her return Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct