A 90-day suspension of leading Delaware Park trainer Juan Vazquez for his role in a fight earlier this year was upheld Oct. 8 in an unanimous decision by the Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission.
Juan Vazquez, a leading trainer at Delaware Park, was charged with simple assault following an incident involving jockey Trevor McCarthy at the track June 23.
The Delaware Jockey's Health and Welfare Benefit Board has matched an $18,000 pledge from Delaware Park to go to the NTRA Charities' Permanently Disabled Jockeys' Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win