A 90-day suspension of leading Delaware Park trainer Juan Vazquez for his role in a fight earlier this year was upheld Oct. 8 in an unanimous decision by the Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission.
Juan Vazquez, a leading trainer at Delaware Park, was charged with simple assault following an incident involving jockey Trevor McCarthy at the track June 23.
The Delaware Jockey's Health and Welfare Benefit Board has matched an $18,000 pledge from Delaware Park to go to the NTRA Charities' Permanently Disabled Jockeys' Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely