A 90-day suspension of leading Delaware Park trainer Juan Vazquez for his role in a fight earlier this year was upheld Oct. 8 in an unanimous decision by the Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission.
Juan Vazquez, a leading trainer at Delaware Park, was charged with simple assault following an incident involving jockey Trevor McCarthy at the track June 23.
The Delaware Jockey's Health and Welfare Benefit Board has matched an $18,000 pledge from Delaware Park to go to the NTRA Charities' Permanently Disabled Jockeys' Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager