A 90-day suspension of leading Delaware Park trainer Juan Vazquez for his role in a fight earlier this year was upheld Oct. 8 in an unanimous decision by the Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission.
Juan Vazquez, a leading trainer at Delaware Park, was charged with simple assault following an incident involving jockey Trevor McCarthy at the track June 23.
The Delaware Jockey's Health and Welfare Benefit Board has matched an $18,000 pledge from Delaware Park to go to the NTRA Charities' Permanently Disabled Jockeys' Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work