A 90-day suspension of leading Delaware Park trainer Juan Vazquez for his role in a fight earlier this year was upheld Oct. 8 in an unanimous decision by the Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission.
Juan Vazquez, a leading trainer at Delaware Park, was charged with simple assault following an incident involving jockey Trevor McCarthy at the track June 23.
The Delaware Jockey's Health and Welfare Benefit Board has matched an $18,000 pledge from Delaware Park to go to the NTRA Charities' Permanently Disabled Jockeys' Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- America's Galileo
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Lieblong New Chair for Arkansas Regulator
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble