Amanda Tamburello, a 33-year-old apprentice rider, rode three winners on River Downs' nine-race opening day card.
Two horses that escaped from the backside of River Downs Racetrack were struck and killed by a truck in the early morning hours of June 26, according to John Englehardt, director of publicity at the Cincinnati, Ohio-area oval.
- By Tom LaMarra
River Downs in Ohio has reconsidered its position and allotted stalls to several prominent horsemen who were told they wouldn't get them for the meet that begins April 9.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby