Amanda Tamburello, a 33-year-old apprentice rider, rode three winners on River Downs' nine-race opening day card.
Two horses that escaped from the backside of River Downs Racetrack were struck and killed by a truck in the early morning hours of June 26, according to John Englehardt, director of publicity at the Cincinnati, Ohio-area oval.
River Downs in Ohio has reconsidered its position and allotted stalls to several prominent horsemen who were told they wouldn't get them for the meet that begins April 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Status Quo Dates for Illinois Racing in 2015
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale