Amanda Tamburello, a 33-year-old apprentice rider, rode three winners on River Downs' nine-race opening day card.
Two horses that escaped from the backside of River Downs Racetrack were struck and killed by a truck in the early morning hours of June 26, according to John Englehardt, director of publicity at the Cincinnati, Ohio-area oval.
River Downs in Ohio has reconsidered its position and allotted stalls to several prominent horsemen who were told they wouldn't get them for the meet that begins April 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Bold Conquest Not Likely for Derby AE List
- NY to Consider Rule on Decoupled Entries
- Kentucky Derby: Dortmund Gets a Bath
- Bill Cooke & Calumet Farm's Trophy Collection
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Champ Calgary Cat Up Late in Jacques Cartier