Amanda Tamburello, a 33-year-old apprentice rider, rode three winners on River Downs' nine-race opening day card.
Two horses that escaped from the backside of River Downs Racetrack were struck and killed by a truck in the early morning hours of June 26, according to John Englehardt, director of publicity at the Cincinnati, Ohio-area oval.
River Downs in Ohio has reconsidered its position and allotted stalls to several prominent horsemen who were told they wouldn't get them for the meet that begins April 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Kentucky Oaks Attracts 154 Nominees
- Charles Town, Oaklawn, Laurel Cancel Cards
- Insights on Jockey Club's Purchase of B-H
- West Point to Sponsor BC Betting Challenge