Amanda Tamburello, a 33-year-old apprentice rider, rode three winners on River Downs' nine-race opening day card.
Two horses that escaped from the backside of River Downs Racetrack were struck and killed by a truck in the early morning hours of June 26, according to John Englehardt, director of publicity at the Cincinnati, Ohio-area oval.
River Downs in Ohio has reconsidered its position and allotted stalls to several prominent horsemen who were told they wouldn't get them for the meet that begins April 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Equine Sector Helps Boost KY Ag Receipts