Amanda Tamburello, a 33-year-old apprentice rider, rode three winners on River Downs' nine-race opening day card.
Two horses that escaped from the backside of River Downs Racetrack were struck and killed by a truck in the early morning hours of June 26, according to John Englehardt, director of publicity at the Cincinnati, Ohio-area oval.
River Downs in Ohio has reconsidered its position and allotted stalls to several prominent horsemen who were told they wouldn't get them for the meet that begins April 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Stevens Says He'll Ride in Breeders' Cup
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- FTBOA Names New Executive Committee, Board
- Longines Named Official Breeders' Cup Partner
- Breeders' Cup 'The Works' Returns to TVG
- Handle Down at Challenged Delaware Park Meet
- Canterbury Requests 70 Racing Dates for 2015
- BC Challenge a Lucrative Entry for Starters
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses