Amanda Tamburello, a 33-year-old apprentice rider, rode three winners on River Downs' nine-race opening day card.
Two horses that escaped from the backside of River Downs Racetrack were struck and killed by a truck in the early morning hours of June 26, according to John Englehardt, director of publicity at the Cincinnati, Ohio-area oval.
River Downs in Ohio has reconsidered its position and allotted stalls to several prominent horsemen who were told they wouldn't get them for the meet that begins April 9.
Most Popular Stories
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Keeneland Dirt Installation July 21, 2014
- Saratoga to Hold 'Low Roller' Tourney Monday
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Paul Messara New Manager at Arrowfield Stud
- V.E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Daddy Does Best