Amanda Tamburello, a 33-year-old apprentice rider, rode three winners on River Downs' nine-race opening day card.
Two horses that escaped from the backside of River Downs Racetrack were struck and killed by a truck in the early morning hours of June 26, according to John Englehardt, director of publicity at the Cincinnati, Ohio-area oval.
River Downs in Ohio has reconsidered its position and allotted stalls to several prominent horsemen who were told they wouldn't get them for the meet that begins April 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- Is Ceftiofur Sodium an Effective Treatment for Placentitis?
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week