Amanda Tamburello, a 33-year-old apprentice rider, rode three winners on River Downs' nine-race opening day card.
Two horses that escaped from the backside of River Downs Racetrack were struck and killed by a truck in the early morning hours of June 26, according to John Englehardt, director of publicity at the Cincinnati, Ohio-area oval.
River Downs in Ohio has reconsidered its position and allotted stalls to several prominent horsemen who were told they wouldn't get them for the meet that begins April 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Empire Dreams Stretches Out in New York Derby
- Heerman Shaped Today's Thoroughbred Sales
- Blue Horse Charities Merging Efforts with TAA
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Equine Infectious Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California