Officials with Global Gaming Solutions announced Sept. 13 that Scott Wells, Remington Park president and general manager, has also been named as president and general manager of Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie, Texas.
Lone Star Park ended its 2011 meet July 10 with gains in daily average attendance and purses but an overall decline in pari-mutuel handle.
Global Gaming Solutions, which received a license to operate Lone Star Park two months ago, has announced it will begin a multi-million dollar renovation at the Texas facility.
Global Gaming LSP said May 16 it has finalization acquisition of Lone Star Park from MI Developments, ending a long delay in the company's purchase of the Texas racetrack.
Global Gaming, a subsidiary of the Chickasaw Nation, was granted a racing and gaming license Dec. 22 by the Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission, the Associated Press reported.
The Chickasaw Nation won preliminary approval Nov. 19 for a 2010 racing and gaming license at Remington Park, which expects to purchase the Oklahoma racetrack from Magna Entertainment Corp. for $80 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Bold Conquest Not Likely for Derby AE List
- Kentucky Derby: Dortmund Gets a Bath
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- NY to Consider Rule on Decoupled Entries
- Clabes Appointed Executive Director of KEEP
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Bill Cooke & Calumet Farm's Trophy Collection
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires