A European record for a breeze-up sale was broken for the second straight year April 16 when Ross Doyle went to 800,000 guineas to secure a High Chaparral colt during the first day of the Tattersalls Craven breeze-up sale.
Colts by Central Kentucky sires More Than Ready and Arch brought the top two prices on day one of the Tattersalls Craven breeze-up sale April 17 at Park Paddocks in Newmarket, both consigned by Friarstown Bloodstock.
Lahaleeb, winner of the E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) in October, topped the opening day of the Tattersalls December mare sale, bringing 1- million guineas ($1,727,247 in U.S. funds) Nov. 30 in England. The session posted an increase of 13.4% in its median price from a year ago, but the gross revenue and average price fell 4.9% and 7.6%, respectively.
A colt from the first crop of High Chaparral set a record for Tattersalls Ireland's September yearling sale when bought for 225,000 euros by jockey John Egan on behalf of owner Willie McKay.
Outsider Lochbuie, hard-ridden by jockey John Egan for the final quarter-mile, caught the gallant 8-year-old Mubtaker in the final strides to register a neck victory in the Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) at Newbury Saturday.
Just as at its three yearling sales in October, Tattersalls Autumn Horses In Training Sale--effectively the world's biggest exchange of used horses--posted a complete set of record figures in Newmarket from Oct. 27-30.
Gracefully gave trainer Sylvester Kirk his first group win with a convincing two-length victory over odds-on favorite Ithaca in the Prestige Stakes (Eng-III) at Goodwood Sunday.
Irish jockey John Egan and South African jockey Robert Fradd were both suspended last month by the Hong Kong Jockey Club, following their arrests in a case that also included charges of illegal bookmaking activities.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture