Successful Irish stallion Marju, sire of five-time group I winner Soviet Song and Hong Kong Horses of the Year Viva Pataca and Indigenous among 68 stakes winners, has died at the age of 28, Derrinstown Stud announced Oct. 11.
Trainer John Dunlop was among the three new members elected to the British Jockey Club at the orgniazation's Dec. 14 meeting.
Whichever trainer at Newmarket earns the most points from placings in group events wins his or her weight in Ruinart Champagne.John Dunlop currently has the lead, followed closely by John Gosden, Sir Michael Stoute, and Dermot Weld.
Britain's Horserace Betting Levy Board has approved a £400,000 interest-free loan toward the construction of a new owners and trainers' facility and dining room which can be used as an entertainment suite at Pontefract Racecourse. The board also re-appointed Kirsten Rausing for a second three-year term as a director of the National Stud in Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- New York Discusses Rules on Race-Day Lasix
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Date Set for 2017 Maryland Million Day
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby