Successful Irish stallion Marju, sire of five-time group I winner Soviet Song and Hong Kong Horses of the Year Viva Pataca and Indigenous among 68 stakes winners, has died at the age of 28, Derrinstown Stud announced Oct. 11.
Trainer John Dunlop was among the three new members elected to the British Jockey Club at the orgniazation's Dec. 14 meeting.
Whichever trainer at Newmarket earns the most points from placings in group events wins his or her weight in Ruinart Champagne.John Dunlop currently has the lead, followed closely by John Gosden, Sir Michael Stoute, and Dermot Weld.
Britain's Horserace Betting Levy Board has approved a £400,000 interest-free loan toward the construction of a new owners and trainers' facility and dining room which can be used as an entertainment suite at Pontefract Racecourse. The board also re-appointed Kirsten Rausing for a second three-year term as a director of the National Stud in Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win