Successful Irish stallion Marju, sire of five-time group I winner Soviet Song and Hong Kong Horses of the Year Viva Pataca and Indigenous among 68 stakes winners, has died at the age of 28, Derrinstown Stud announced Oct. 11.
Trainer John Dunlop was among the three new members elected to the British Jockey Club at the orgniazation's Dec. 14 meeting.
Whichever trainer at Newmarket earns the most points from placings in group events wins his or her weight in Ruinart Champagne.John Dunlop currently has the lead, followed closely by John Gosden, Sir Michael Stoute, and Dermot Weld.
Britain's Horserace Betting Levy Board has approved a £400,000 interest-free loan toward the construction of a new owners and trainers' facility and dining room which can be used as an entertainment suite at Pontefract Racecourse. The board also re-appointed Kirsten Rausing for a second three-year term as a director of the National Stud in Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa