A Scottsdale, Ariz., handicapper won the $500,000 first prize Jan. 29 on the final day of the Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship held at Red Rock Casino, Resort and Spa in Las Vegas.
Legislation that would expand the West Virginia Racing Commission from three to five members and create the oversight position of a director of racing appointed by the governor has been introduced in the House of Delegates and sent to the House Committee on Government Organization.
A West Virginia legislator whose district includes Charles Town Races & Slots is advocating a plan to enlarge the racing surface and, if necessary, renovate dilapidated Shenandoah Downs and race there during the down time--or perhaps permanently.
Most Popular Stories
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact