A Scottsdale, Ariz., handicapper won the $500,000 first prize Jan. 29 on the final day of the Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship held at Red Rock Casino, Resort and Spa in Las Vegas.
- By Tom LaMarra
Legislation that would expand the West Virginia Racing Commission from three to five members and create the oversight position of a director of racing appointed by the governor has been introduced in the House of Delegates and sent to the House Committee on Government Organization.
A West Virginia legislator whose district includes Charles Town Races & Slots is advocating a plan to enlarge the racing surface and, if necessary, renovate dilapidated Shenandoah Downs and race there during the down time--or perhaps permanently.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green