Arlington Park has extended its deadline to March 24 in a nationwide talent search for a female to replace Christine Gabriel and serve as co-host with Arlington announcer John Dooley and other horse racing experts for the track's on-site and simulcast television program.
John G. Dooley has been named track announcer at Fair Grounds Race Course for the 2004-05 season. Dooley has been announcer at Arlington Park for the last five seasons. Arlington's season runs from May until September, allowing him to announce at both tracks.
Sportsman's Park, which launches the 2002 Chicago Thoroughbred racing season on Friday, March 1, will bring daily coverage of the sport with the premier of "Post Time at Sportsman's" on FOX Sports Net Chicago.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Keeneland Begins Installation of Dirt Surface
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher