Arlington Park has extended its deadline to March 24 in a nationwide talent search for a female to replace Christine Gabriel and serve as co-host with Arlington announcer John Dooley and other horse racing experts for the track's on-site and simulcast television program.
John G. Dooley has been named track announcer at Fair Grounds Race Course for the 2004-05 season. Dooley has been announcer at Arlington Park for the last five seasons. Arlington's season runs from May until September, allowing him to announce at both tracks.
Sportsman's Park, which launches the 2002 Chicago Thoroughbred racing season on Friday, March 1, will bring daily coverage of the sport with the premier of "Post Time at Sportsman's" on FOX Sports Net Chicago.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Convey Edges Out Winter Derby Victory
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death