Arlington Park has extended its deadline to March 24 in a nationwide talent search for a female to replace Christine Gabriel and serve as co-host with Arlington announcer John Dooley and other horse racing experts for the track's on-site and simulcast television program.
John G. Dooley has been named track announcer at Fair Grounds Race Course for the 2004-05 season. Dooley has been announcer at Arlington Park for the last five seasons. Arlington's season runs from May until September, allowing him to announce at both tracks.
Sportsman's Park, which launches the 2002 Chicago Thoroughbred racing season on Friday, March 1, will bring daily coverage of the sport with the premier of "Post Time at Sportsman's" on FOX Sports Net Chicago.
Most Popular Stories
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- That Handicapping Show: Rebel Stakes
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- LTBA Announces 2013 Champions
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel