Jockey Ryan Fogelsonger had a banner day, winning the $150,000 John D. Schapiro Memorial Breeders' Cup Handicap astride Lusty Latin and five other races on Saturday's ten-race Pimlico card. Fogelsonger's six wins topped his previous day's best of five.
Double S Stable's French Charmer pulled off a mild surprise in winning the $150,000 John D. Schapiro Memorial Breeders' Cup Handicap, which was contested on the soft turf Saturday at Laurel Park.
The rare summer stakes race on the grass in Maryland has attracted eleven entries for Saturday's $150,000 John D. Schapiro Memorial Breeders' Cup at Laurel Park, the only six figure race in the 22-day summer meet.
Sondra Benders' Certantee made the jump from turf to dirt with a powerful score in the $150,000 John D. Schapiro Memorial Breeders' Cup Handicap Saturday at Laurel Park. The race was moved off the grass because of soggy conditions.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule