Jockey Ryan Fogelsonger had a banner day, winning the $150,000 John D. Schapiro Memorial Breeders' Cup Handicap astride Lusty Latin and five other races on Saturday's ten-race Pimlico card. Fogelsonger's six wins topped his previous day's best of five.
Double S Stable's French Charmer pulled off a mild surprise in winning the $150,000 John D. Schapiro Memorial Breeders' Cup Handicap, which was contested on the soft turf Saturday at Laurel Park.
The rare summer stakes race on the grass in Maryland has attracted eleven entries for Saturday's $150,000 John D. Schapiro Memorial Breeders' Cup at Laurel Park, the only six figure race in the 22-day summer meet.
Sondra Benders' Certantee made the jump from turf to dirt with a powerful score in the $150,000 John D. Schapiro Memorial Breeders' Cup Handicap Saturday at Laurel Park. The race was moved off the grass because of soggy conditions.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Fourth Washington Park for Mister Marti Gras