The board of the New York State Thoroughbred Breeding and Development Fund has approved $820,000 in purse enhancements to Finger Lakes Racetrack and the New York Racing Association.
The New York State Racing and Wagering Board voted unanimously March 31 to permanently bar horse owner and breeder Ernie Paragallo from all racetracks in the Empire State.
The New York State Racing and Wagering Board has revoked the license of trainer Roger Horgan because of his "financial irresponsibility."
New York racing authorities are authorized to conduct unannounced drug testing of horses expected to compete at tracks in the state even when if they are stabled far away under rules effective Jan. 1.
Ernie Paragallo's indictment Aug. 6 added 13 new counts to the 22 counts of animal cruelty already faced by the New York breeder.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track
- Too Much Bling Yearlings Top Texas Sale
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Drefong's Win a Boost for Machmer Hall
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Monmouth Gets Donation, Alters Shipper Policy