The board of the New York State Thoroughbred Breeding and Development Fund has approved $820,000 in purse enhancements to Finger Lakes Racetrack and the New York Racing Association.
The New York State Racing and Wagering Board voted unanimously March 31 to permanently bar horse owner and breeder Ernie Paragallo from all racetracks in the Empire State.
The New York State Racing and Wagering Board has revoked the license of trainer Roger Horgan because of his "financial irresponsibility."
New York racing authorities are authorized to conduct unannounced drug testing of horses expected to compete at tracks in the state even when if they are stabled far away under rules effective Jan. 1.
Ernie Paragallo's indictment Aug. 6 added 13 new counts to the 22 counts of animal cruelty already faced by the New York breeder.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014