Jeffrey Puglisi's Sky Diva won the $400,000 Frizette Stakes (gr.I) Oct. 4 at Belmont Park and earned herself a starting berth to the $2 million Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr.I) Oct. 24 at Santa Anita.
John D. Murphy's homebred Adore the Gold, under heavy pressure all the way, pulled away from Forefathers in deep stretch to win the $150,000 Swale (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park Saturday by less than a length.
With an explosive burst of speed, the maiden Quick Little Miss went from last on the final turn to score a 4 1/2-length victory at odds of 29-1 in the $118,100 Barretts Debutante for 2-year-old fillies at Fairplex Park Saturday.
Trainer Mike Gorham will have a "fresh" horse when he starts John D. Murphy and Old Coach Farms' Bruanna in Sunday's $100,000 The First Lady Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Weather Forces Racing, Event Cancellations
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Divisidero Has Buzz in Redrawn Palm Beach
- Georgia Pari-Mutuel Legislation Advances
- Betfair U.S. Enjoys 25% Spike in Revenue
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Consumer Credit Ranks High in Fla. Oaks
- On the Muscle, Dortmund Ready for San Felipe
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015