John Chan, chairman of the Hong Kong Jockey Club reviewed the organization's highlights of the 2007-2008 season at its annual general meeting Sept. 4.
The chairman of the Hong Kong Jockey Club said tax rates and regulations need to be reviewed in order for the racing entity to compete at a time of great change.
Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges has been appointed chief executive officer-designate of the Hong Kong Jockey Club and will take over from Lawrence Wong Feb. 1, 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby