John Chan, chairman of the Hong Kong Jockey Club reviewed the organization's highlights of the 2007-2008 season at its annual general meeting Sept. 4.
The chairman of the Hong Kong Jockey Club said tax rates and regulations need to be reviewed in order for the racing entity to compete at a time of great change.
Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges has been appointed chief executive officer-designate of the Hong Kong Jockey Club and will take over from Lawrence Wong Feb. 1, 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill