John Cashman, president of the former Castleton Standardbred operation in Lexington for more than 20 years and the father of New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman, died Sept. 22 in Atlantis, Fla., from cancer.
Gov. Steve Beshear has made new appointments to the Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council, which advises the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on equine drug-testing and research.
The terms of three Kentucky Horse Racing Authority board members have expired and their successors were announced at the organization's monthly meeting Nov. 20 at the Kentucky Horse Park.
Thomas B. Gaines, son of the late Breeders' Cup founder John Gaines and a partner in Gaines-Gentry Thoroughbreds, has been appointed to the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority by Gov. Ernie Fletcher.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing
- Ben's Cat Seeks Third Turf Monster Victory
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Saratoga Racing Secretary Gabriel Leaving
- Santa Anita Hosts Handicapping Event Oct. 4-5