John Cashman, president of the former Castleton Standardbred operation in Lexington for more than 20 years and the father of New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman, died Sept. 22 in Atlantis, Fla., from cancer.
Gov. Steve Beshear has made new appointments to the Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council, which advises the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on equine drug-testing and research.
- By Esther Marr
The terms of three Kentucky Horse Racing Authority board members have expired and their successors were announced at the organization's monthly meeting Nov. 20 at the Kentucky Horse Park.
Thomas B. Gaines, son of the late Breeders' Cup founder John Gaines and a partner in Gaines-Gentry Thoroughbreds, has been appointed to the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority by Gov. Ernie Fletcher.
Most Popular Stories
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Industry Teams to Help Parkinson's Research
- FPD Begins Distribution of Liberty Cu Nails