John Cashman, president of the former Castleton Standardbred operation in Lexington for more than 20 years and the father of New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman, died Sept. 22 in Atlantis, Fla., from cancer.
Gov. Steve Beshear has made new appointments to the Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council, which advises the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on equine drug-testing and research.
- By Esther Marr
The terms of three Kentucky Horse Racing Authority board members have expired and their successors were announced at the organization's monthly meeting Nov. 20 at the Kentucky Horse Park.
Thomas B. Gaines, son of the late Breeders' Cup founder John Gaines and a partner in Gaines-Gentry Thoroughbreds, has been appointed to the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority by Gov. Ernie Fletcher.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby
- First Winner for Empire Way