John Cashman, president of the former Castleton Standardbred operation in Lexington for more than 20 years and the father of New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman, died Sept. 22 in Atlantis, Fla., from cancer.
Gov. Steve Beshear has made new appointments to the Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council, which advises the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on equine drug-testing and research.
- By Esther Marr
The terms of three Kentucky Horse Racing Authority board members have expired and their successors were announced at the organization's monthly meeting Nov. 20 at the Kentucky Horse Park.
Thomas B. Gaines, son of the late Breeders' Cup founder John Gaines and a partner in Gaines-Gentry Thoroughbreds, has been appointed to the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority by Gov. Ernie Fletcher.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal