John Cashman, president of the former Castleton Standardbred operation in Lexington for more than 20 years and the father of New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman, died Sept. 22 in Atlantis, Fla., from cancer.
Gov. Steve Beshear has made new appointments to the Kentucky Equine Drug Research Council, which advises the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on equine drug-testing and research.
- By Esther Marr
The terms of three Kentucky Horse Racing Authority board members have expired and their successors were announced at the organization's monthly meeting Nov. 20 at the Kentucky Horse Park.
Thomas B. Gaines, son of the late Breeders' Cup founder John Gaines and a partner in Gaines-Gentry Thoroughbreds, has been appointed to the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority by Gov. Ernie Fletcher.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury