Elite turf runner and young California-based stallion Thorn Song, the winner of two grade I races and earnings of more than $1.1 million, has died due to complications of severe laminitis.
Heatseeker, a Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) winner, sired his first winner when his 2-year-old daughter Surtsey won at Woodbine.
California champion Unzip Me has been retired from racing with 14 wins and earnings of $959,228.
The first reported foal by Bedford Falls is a colt born. Jan. 29 at John C. Harris' Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif.
By John C. Harris - I sadly realize that Bay Meadows, which is the longest continually running racetrack in California history, is destined to go away, probably in the not-too-distant future. However, Northern California may be irreparably damaged if the track is not even part of the mix for 2008 when racing dates are discussed by the CHRB later this year.
California champion Super High's first foal is a Victory Gallop filly born April 9.
Tizbud, a full brother to leading first-crop sire Tiznow, will stand in 2006 at John C. Harris' Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif.
Redattore, a millionaire and grade I California winner, will stand the 2005 breeding season at John C. Harris' Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif.
Grade I winner Avanzado has been retired from racing and will enter stud at John C. Harris' Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- America's Galileo
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever