The Maryland Racing Commission suspended jockey Alberto Delgado 30 calendar days for his ride aboard My Sweet Nenana in a Feb. 1 race at Laurel Park.
The Maryland stewards granted leading rider Rosie Napravnik a stay after she appealed a five-day suspension for her ride aboard Tenure Track at Pimlico on April 28.
The Michigan Racing Commission has named Adam Campola, the clerk of scales at the major Maryland tracks since 2000, steward at Great Lakes Downs. The six-month meeting opens May 6.
The Maryland Racing stewards have suspended jockeys Horacio Karamanos, Abel Castellano, and Stewart Elliott for riding in a careless manner at Laurel Park last week. Stewards Bill Passmore, Phil Grove and John Burke have suspended 11 riders since the fall meeting began on Sept. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Spotted Heart Upsets MD Filly Championship
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory