The Maryland Racing Commission suspended jockey Alberto Delgado 30 calendar days for his ride aboard My Sweet Nenana in a Feb. 1 race at Laurel Park.
The Maryland stewards granted leading rider Rosie Napravnik a stay after she appealed a five-day suspension for her ride aboard Tenure Track at Pimlico on April 28.
The Michigan Racing Commission has named Adam Campola, the clerk of scales at the major Maryland tracks since 2000, steward at Great Lakes Downs. The six-month meeting opens May 6.
The Maryland Racing stewards have suspended jockeys Horacio Karamanos, Abel Castellano, and Stewart Elliott for riding in a careless manner at Laurel Park last week. Stewards Bill Passmore, Phil Grove and John Burke have suspended 11 riders since the fall meeting began on Sept. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Four-Day OBS Spring Sale Kicks Off April 21
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture