The Maryland Racing Commission suspended jockey Alberto Delgado 30 calendar days for his ride aboard My Sweet Nenana in a Feb. 1 race at Laurel Park.
The Maryland stewards granted leading rider Rosie Napravnik a stay after she appealed a five-day suspension for her ride aboard Tenure Track at Pimlico on April 28.
The Michigan Racing Commission has named Adam Campola, the clerk of scales at the major Maryland tracks since 2000, steward at Great Lakes Downs. The six-month meeting opens May 6.
The Maryland Racing stewards have suspended jockeys Horacio Karamanos, Abel Castellano, and Stewart Elliott for riding in a careless manner at Laurel Park last week. Stewards Bill Passmore, Phil Grove and John Burke have suspended 11 riders since the fall meeting began on Sept. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return