The Maryland Racing Commission suspended jockey Alberto Delgado 30 calendar days for his ride aboard My Sweet Nenana in a Feb. 1 race at Laurel Park.
The Maryland stewards granted leading rider Rosie Napravnik a stay after she appealed a five-day suspension for her ride aboard Tenure Track at Pimlico on April 28.
The Michigan Racing Commission has named Adam Campola, the clerk of scales at the major Maryland tracks since 2000, steward at Great Lakes Downs. The six-month meeting opens May 6.
The Maryland Racing stewards have suspended jockeys Horacio Karamanos, Abel Castellano, and Stewart Elliott for riding in a careless manner at Laurel Park last week. Stewards Bill Passmore, Phil Grove and John Burke have suspended 11 riders since the fall meeting began on Sept. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- For Joe Rocco Jr., It's All About the Horse
- Sire Tapit Closing in on Record Season
- Aktabantay Knocked Out of BC Juvenile Turf
- Santa Anita Confident in New Dirt Surface
- Asmussen Aims to Make Untapable Feel at Home
- Top Decile Under Radar for Juvenile Fillies
- TimeformUS Breeders' Cup Preview: Distaff
- Northern Cal Trainers On Cup's Center Stage